BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sept 27, 2009




Dear Family,

Check another week off the calendar. Things are moving right along. Hopefully you got my letter for Mon. - Wed. so I'll pick up from there.

Thursday was pretty awesome. When it got dark we went to a shooting range and got to fire M4's with night vision goggles. There was a laser sight on the weapon so I could clearly see the targets and laser with one eye when it was pitch black outside with the other. It was exactly like the laser night vision on "Call of Duty". Pretty cool!

Friday we went to the pit. Ha it has been super rainy so there was huge mud puddles. They made us practice the low crawl through it for like an hour. We would crawl and stand up and they would say "do you want some more?" and of course we would all say "YES!". So, we would do it again and again. ha it was fun at first but got old fast.

Later that day we did what was probably the coolest thing yet which was practicing moving under fire in groups of 2. It started with someone yelling "INCOMING" and me getting down on my face. A little ways off there's a huge explosion. Then we get up and run to our first cover, which is a wall. Once there we fall down again and get set up in a shooting position. Then the other guy (Johnson) yells "Jacobson cover me while I move", and I yell "I got you covered". So while I'm covering him he hops a wall and finds more cover at a tree and yells "I got you covered". Then I hop the wall and find cover and cover him. It goes back and forth like that as we crawl under barbed wire, through trenches and over walls. The whole time there was explosions and gun shots going off. There was so much adrenaline. It was pretty awesome!

Saturday we did the 10K road march. It was pretty tough. There were 2 hills that seemed to go up forever. But it is good to have it over and out of the way.

Then we threw grenades. it was pretty cool I felt like I was in a video game when I threw it ha ha. But I had to hide behind a wall so I didn't get to see the damage I did.

Well that's all the excitement for this week. Can't wait for the next. Keep me updated on all the latest. I think I'm in the home stretch. I've gotten pretty used to the Army lifestyle. Like you guessed I'm so used to wearing ACU's that I don't even really notice it any more. I've been working hard and I think I'm getting to be a pretty good soldier.

I've been thinking a lot about my mission lately and I'm getting more and more nervous that I will have to go to war before the mission. I know you don't have a lot of time, but I was wondering if someone could go to my recruiter and have him talk to my unit about when they are leaving. Someone said they know like a year in advance. So, hopefully we could find out. It might not work out. but it would be nice to know so at least it wouldn't be such a shock if I have to wait on the mission. Which would suck, but I've prayed a lot and I know that God will send me where I'm supposed to go.

Ha OK that's really it this time. I love you all so much and I can't wait till graduation. Thanks so much for prayers and everyone supporting me.

Have a good week
Love Justin

0 comments: