BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Sept. 23, 2009

Hello Family,

I'm writing you on Wednesday night of week 5. Yes indeed, half a week down, half a week to go till we are on the 3 week home stretch. It's been a pretty good week so far. It started with qualifications on our weapons. I was pretty nervous because they kept saying how if we don't qualify we get sent to another company and we will be send back a few weeks. That would be horrible because I'm trying to get out of here as soon as possible.

The first time I tried to qualify I did horrible. i don't know what it was but for some reason I couldn't hit anything. I ended up getting 15 out of 40 which means I didn't pass. The second time I did a ton better. I felt much better and more relaxed. I was praying a lot and I know Heavenly Father was there helping me. I ended up shooting 35 out of 40. I was so excited, even though they told me I only get credit for 23 because I didn't pass the first time. But I was still happy to have it done and over with.

We also phased over to white phase. It's not a lot different, but the Drill Sergents lay off a little and we get to march places on our own. It's good to not have to carry around that empty stick any more.

Also something weird happened. For a while there was a rumor that they weren't aloud to smoke us any more (I think this is when they scream and yell at them, Lynell) because a drill Sergent from another company came in drunk and smoked the privates so bad that a few of them got injured pretty badly. I wasn't sure if I believed the rumor but I did notice we weren't getting smoked any more. Then today a guy got in trouble and we were all expecting to get smoked but then the drill Sergent came in and said he wasn't aloud to smoke us any more. It's weird. But now they can only punish us with like counseling and stuff. Which I think is worse but I can't really explain why.

Well that's all so far. This week coming up is the 10K road march and throwing hand grenades. So that should be fun.

So tell me all about what's going on there. How is the new business working out? I'm sure it's keeping you plenty busy. But I know it's gonna be worth it in the end. Is everyone getting sick of school yet? ha ha Don't worry I think you're about half way done by now. How is the weather? Just think in a month it will be fall and you guys will be getting ready for Halloween. Time really is going fast. How are BYU and the Vikings doing? Last I heard both teams were freakin' awesome. But that was a little while ago. So who knows?

Well that's all for now. I'd like to write more but it's almost time for bed and I need all the sleep I can get, ha ha

I love all of you a lot. I miss you everyday. It's been tough to be away from you so long. But I'm managing to get through it OK. I can't wait to see you all. See you soon.

Love, Justin

0 comments: