BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Aug 23, 2009

My Dear Family,

Hello to everyone. I'm writing you guys Sunday night and what a great day it has been. I don't think I've ever appreciated the day of rest more than today.

I got all of your e-mails today. I don't think I can even explain to you how much they did to boost my moral. I loved to hear about everything that's going on. It makes you guys seem a little less far away.

Things have been going well here. I'm working hard and learning pretty fast. It's amazing how the Army trains you in ways that I don't even realize. For example, I got yelled at a few times for being in a Drill Sergent's way and i thought those guys are freakin jerks. But now I've noticed that I peek around every corner and double check every step I take. Also, we have to shout "at ease" every time a DS walkes into a room. At first I thought "this is so gay, what's the point?" But I've noticed that now I am constantly looking over my shoulder and watching doors to check for a DS. I think I am learning exactly what they want me to. I wonder what lessons Heavenly Father is teaching us while we are saying "this is so gay, whats the point?"

To answer your questions, I sleep on the top bunk in a bay full of about 40 guys about my age. We get along well. Yes everyone has asked me about my scars. Mostly I just tell people I fought a bear ha. Just Kidding. But everyone is cool about them. They look pretty cool, like lightning bolts on my head. I got out of reception in like 7 days. So it all worked out perfect. And I don't need you to send any items. But keep sending the letters and emails. I could use a lot of those at the moment.

The food here is really good. But we sometimes don't get a lot of time to eat. I've learned to get mushy things like potatoes, noodles and beans, so I can mix them all together and eat it all with a big spoon. I could write 3 pages on the scary nerve racking process of getting food at chow, but I will just tell you about it later.

It's cool that you looked up info on Ol' Ft. Knox. I hope you appreciate reading about all I get to do. Because I don't know if I do yet. Ha Just kidding.

Tell Erin I'm so excited about Cal officially joining the family. I can't wait to get to know him better.

It's crazy that everyone is starting school. Summer went to fast for all of us. Our house is going to be lonely for a while.

Well it's late and I need some sleep. So I will have to sign out for now. Thanks to everyone for everything. Your letters and prayers have given me steam to keep going. I'll do my best to make you all proud. I'm counting the days till I see you all again. I love you all so much.

Love Justin

P.S. You guys better save me some garden vegetables.

0 comments: