BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Sept 1, 2009


Dear Family,

Thanks so much to everyone for their emails. They all helped so much to lift my spirit. It's nice to know that so many people care about me and are thing about me. It was so good to hear about everything that's going on at home and in every ones life's. I loved hearing about all the little things. Like Loni helping those kids who couldn't get home and Jalen doing pull-ups to try to look more like me (ha ha he wishes). You guys probably can't understand what your emails do for me. Reading them is like getting in the shower after a long cold winter day. I just read them and soak it in and wish they would never end.

Well it's only been like a couple of days since I last wrote so not much has happened. We started combat life saving today. So we pretty much just learned CPR and that kind of stuff. I'm trying to learn as much as possible since I'm going to Medic school in a few weeks.

Today something crazy happened. We all had to open our lockers and a bunch of Drill Sergeants looked through them and dumped our stuff all over the floor. Then we lined up and they told us they knew that someone had snuck "DUST-OFF" into the barracks and had been huffing. They asked who knew something about it. I thought it was just some more head games. But I was shocked when like 5 people raised their hands. I don't know what happened but no one really got in trouble yet. Usually they punish everyone for one persons mistake. So, I'm just waiting to see what will happen.

Lately things have been kind of gay. A few punks in the platoon are screwing things up and everyone is starting to fight. But oh well. I think that's how it's supposed to go. The whole thing really has been like a movie. Except with less exciting background music.

I also got your letter today. I loved hearing from all of you and for the picture. It's hanging in my wall locker. If your sending this on to everyone tell DAVE and MARLA I won't have access to a phone. But if they could give me Allison's address I would definitely love to write her. I think towards the end they let people leave post for a day so maybe I could work something out.

Well, I gotta get to bed. I think about all of you every day. I'm not so sad any more. But mostly I feel like it's Christmas Eve. I just feel so excited all the time for when I finally get to come see you guys. A rumor is going around that they are speeding up or Basic so we might get done earlier. But, whatever happens it's going to be awesome when the day comes.

Thanks again to everyone for thinking of me. It really does keep me going. I love you all and miss everyone. Tell all the kids to keep working hard and having fun in school. I'll talk to you soon.

Your Soldier,
Justin

P.S. Tell Jordan I found the key to the house of pain. A.K.A Justin Jacobson's massive biceps.

P.S.S. I heard the Vikings signed the one and only Favre. How does Dad feel about that? This could be the year.

0 comments: